Back pain is a common problem among adults in Fargo. As your source for gentle, natural chiropractic care in Fargo, we treat back pain with a variety of techniques. For patients suffering from chronic pain, chiropractic care can help patients manage their condition and reduce symptoms. For patients suffering from a recent injury, chiropractic care can help speed the healing process.
Causes of Back Pain
There are many reasons that patients experience back pain in Fargo. Some of the most common causes of back pain include:
- Car accidents. Car accidents can result in whiplash, herniated discs and other conditions that can result in back pain.
- Occupational injuries. Occupational injuries that occur because of poor ergonomics at work can lead to long-term injury and chronic pain.
- Stress. Stress causes the muscles in the back to become tense, which can lead to pain in the lower, middle and upper portions of the back.
- Poor lifting and twisting techniques. Poor lifting and twisting techniques can cause strain in the muscles of the lower back, causing pain.
- Overuse of the muscles and intense physical labor. Overuse of the muscles can cause injury that leads to chronic pain.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Chiropractic care for back pain is an all natural, non-invasive, medication-free method of treating chronic back pain and recent back injuries. Chiropractors treat back pain with techniques that are gentle and safe for patients of all ages, so even very fragile seniors can benefit from chiropractic care.
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
At Dakota Clinic of Chiropractic, we use a technique called spinal adjustment to help our patients suffering from lower back pain. During the spinal adjustment process, reduce pressure on the spinal cord through realignment of the vertebrae. Spinal adjustment is a technique that helps relieve back pain while simultaneously improving communication between the brain and the rest of the body.
Spinal adjustment is tailored to the individual to help improve the functioning of the central nervous system and improve the body’s ability to heal itself. A spinal adjustment can help patients feel better after a back injury occurs. In addition to spinal adjustment, we use the following techniques to treat our patients:
- Massage therapy. This technique improves circulation in the muscles of the back and helps reduce pain in injured areas. Massage therapy is also an effective treatment for people who experience back pain because of stress and anxiety.
- Stretches and exercises. We show patients how to do stretches and exercises that can strengthen their back muscles and reduce their chances of getting a back injury in the future. Stretches and exercises also help patients to improve mobility after an accident occurs.
Contact Your ND Chiropractor in Fargo
As your ND Chiropractor in Fargo, we encourage you to seek prompt treatment for back pain and back injuries. To make an appointment for diagnosis, spinal adjustment and other all natural chiropractic treatments, contact us at (701) 566-5455.